Crystals vary in colour, shape, and size. Every type of crystal has its own allure and benefits.
When it comes to appeal and healing properties, nothing is as powerful as heart-shaped crystals. They are especially useful in purifying and boosting the heart chakra.
Find out what makes crystal hearts unique and how they help you enhance your inner well-being.
What Does the Heart Shape Symbolize?
Your heart is the wellspring of your emotions, feelings, and desires. You are capable of feeling love and joy because of it.
As the vital organ that pumps blood to the different parts of your body, the heart also governs your energy and movement.
In the same way, a crystal heart symbolizes the energy of the heart. It is the right crystal to work with to augment a range of intentions, including love, passion, happiness, and enthusiasm.
The crystal heart supplies the needed energy to realize these intentions.
All heart-shaped crystals are said to have the ability to cleanse, unblock, and energize your heart energy field known as the heart chakra.
Crystal Hearts and the Heart Chakra
Also called anahata in Hindu Yogic, the heart chakra is the fourth energy centre located at the heart.
From it flows your love for yourself and others, as well as joy, empathy, compassion, and forgiveness.
The heart chakra also stores profound truths that can't be articulated in words.
Crystal healers believe that when this chakra is blocked or misaligned, you may find it difficult to build and maintain healthy relationships.
An imbalanced heart chakra is said to cause mental health issues like feeling of unworthiness, manipulative behaviours, and codependency.
Below are some telltale signs of a blocked heart chakra:
- A tendency to self-isolate
- Frequent jealousy
- Holding grudges against your loved ones
- Fear of intimacy
- Victim mindset
- Inability to trust yourself and others
There are many ways to heal the heart chakra and reverse these issues. Using a crystal heart is one of them.
The crystal restores the healthy alignment of your heart chakra so your life will be filled with love, joy, and compassion.
As a result, you'll become more attuned to yourself and connected to people, places, things, and overall your environment.
Other Benefits of Using Heart-Shaped Crystals
As a heart crystal removes any form of blockages in your heart energy field, you'll develop an openness to various experiences in life.
It becomes easier to maneuver and resolve challenges, particularly ones that involve relationships.
And with an open heart chakra, you'll learn to see the beauty and love in your surroundings.
Accepting yourself for who you are is another benefit of having an active heart chakra, as it allows you to direct love back to yourself. Heart crystals carry high vibrations that unlock these benefits in your life.
There are different heart-shaped crystals you can use depending on the type of healing that you need in the present.
1. Rose Quartz - For Peace and Self-Love
If you need to heal from emotional traumas, use rose quartz. It contains energy that soothes and calms the heart, especially if you've recently gone through a breakup, divorce, or death of a loved one.
This pink stone also brings compassion, gentleness, and nourishment ” three things you need to develop a higher form of self-love.
How to use your Rose Quartz heart:
- Wear it as a jewelry or accessory to carry its energy all day long
- Place it on your nightstand or under your pillow
- Hold it in your hands during meditation
- Form a crystal grid of rose quartzes to improve relationships
2. Amethyst - For Protection Against Negative Energies
The Amethyst crystal heart serves as a shield against negativity and psychic attacks. Meditating with this purple quartz variety is also believed to bring calmness and stress relief.
How to use it:
- Display an amethyst heart near your bed to induce a peaceful sleep, or wear it as an accessory to carry its energy wherever you go.
3. Aventurine - For Growth and Abundance
Using Aventurine to revitalize your heart chakra empowers you to seize opportunities in life and to bloom in the midst of hardships.
Aventurine can also help you to move on from unhealthy relationships without harbouring anger and resentment.
How to use Aventurine:
- Meditate with it when you're overwhelmed with extreme emotions
- Place it in charm bags together with Amazonite to usher luck and abundance into your life
- Hold it against your heart chakra area during healing sessions
4. Fluorite - For Achieving Your Dreams and Living Your Purpose
Some people call Fluorite the ultimate wishing stone. It provides energy that makes you dream big and look beyond your present reality.
It gives you the wisdom and an open mind to clearly define what you want to achieve in life.
How to use Fluorite:
- Holding a fluorite heart in your hand and cast your intention to it. Then lift the heart up as you seal your intentions and surrender your desires to the universe.
5. Amazonite - For Harmony and Adventure
Like Rose Quartz, Amazonite can reignite compassion in your heart. It's the ideal crystal heart to use to maintain harmony in all your relationships.
As an adventure stone, Amazonite fuels your heart with a desire for adventure. It provides courage to manage sadness.
When to use an Amazonite heart:
- When relaxing, place it on your heart area
- Wear an Amazonite jewelry at work as it is believed to attract success
- Display it in your home or office to bring in positive energy
6. Rainbow Obsidian - For Releasing Emotional Baggage
With its dark energy, rainbow obsidian is useful in dispelling negative energies in your heart.
Work with this crystal when you need to be freed from emotional burdens weighing heavily on your heart – may it be pain, anger issues, envy, or jealousy.
How to use it:
- Lay on your back for about 7 minutes and place a rainbow obsidian heart on your heart area. Allow the crystal to siphon negative emotions so your heart can start to heal.
If you're looking for a rock shop that carries all these crystal hearts and more, feel free to visit StoneBridge Imports.
We have a wide selection of heart-shaped crystals cut in different sizes for your everyday use. Browse our crystal hearts collection here.
YJ Editors. (2021, March 11). Everything You Need to Know About the Heart Chakra. Yoga Journal. Accessed at https://www.yogajournal.com/yoga-101/chakras-yoga-for-beginners/intro-heart-chakra-anahata/
7 Most Powerful Crystals for the Heart Chakra. (n.d.). Village Rock Shop. Accessed at https://www.villagerockshop.com/blog/seven-most-powerful-crystals-for-the-heart-chakra/
Askinosie, H. (2020, February 13). 6 Ways to Work with a Crystal Heart. Energy Muse. Accessed at https://www.energymuse.com/blog/6-ways-to-work-with-a-crystal-heart
Patel, R. (2019, October 30). Yoga: The True Hindu Roots Behind the Western Trend. Brown Girl Magazine. Accessed at https://browngirlmagazine.com/2019/10/yoga-the-true-hindu-roots-behind-the-western-trend/