Have you ever thought to yourself “I want to reinvent myself?” Maybe you’ve outgrown your hometown, or your job, maybe even a relationship. Did you know that you can use the Law of Attraction to reach your goals? If you’ve been feeling stagnant, it’s time to ignite the fire of self-reinvention, getting ready for your journey of personal growth and self-improvement.
Using manifestation, meditation, and spell jars, you can really start to improve upon yourself, and make you the best version of you yet! The power to manifest and create the life we want is right there in our hands, waiting for us to make it happen.
We grow and develop as people every single day. When I was a kid and growing up, I thought the “you never stop learning” rhetoric drilled into me by teachers was just something they had to say to keep a job, but as it turns out, they were telling the truth! Thanks for trying to warn me, Mrs. Burns and Mrs. Renner.
Remember, reinventing yourself is an act of self-love and personal growth that shows your total commitment to becoming the best version of yourself. Whether you're reinventing yourself at 50 or at any age, embrace the adventure, and watch as the universe lines up with your intentions, making way for an epic transformation.
Becoming more positive, and having a more positive outlook on life is no easy task, but these are some quick, fun, and interesting spells that can help you attract more positivity to your life.
Starting with self-care and self-love, some easy rituals to incorporate into your day are:
- Thanking the universe before getting out of bed
- Stir your coffee/tea/drink 3 times to infuse your intention into it
- When using your keys to unlock doors, visualise they are unlocking opportunities for you
- Visualise your shower water as a protective and cleansing energy
- Use smoke cleansing or mist cleansing to clear and balance the energy in your space
Another easy way to keep up the positive vibes through your day is keeping crystals on you. Try keeping these crystals in your pockets/bags/etc:
- Rose Quartz
- Lapis Lazuli
A spell jar is also a great way of attracting positivity and happiness into your life. You have to be very specific though, as happiness looks different for everyone. It is highly recommended that you use things that make you happy. You can use a photo from a really great day, and a piece of fabric from a loved shirt or blanket. Make it personal! Beyond those, you will need:
- One or two crystals that represent happiness. Sunstone, citrine, and peridot are all good options
- Wildflower petals
- A pen and paper (to write your intention. For example, “I attract happiness.”)
Add each of your items to the jar, thinking about what they mean to you and how it will help your spell meet your intention. After placing all your items in the jar, light a candle (colour can be your favourite colour) and say your intention out loud, visualising how your intention will look when it comes to be. Seal your jar with the wax from the burning candle, then close your ritual area, and put your spell jar somewhere that its presence will remind you of your intention.
New beginnings can look like changing jobs, engaging in new relationships, and even moving homes. Crystals can help calm your nerves about change, help you seal your intentions, and offer anxiety relief by giving you something to fidget with and focus on. Some of my personal favourites for this are:
- Rainbow Moonstone
- Rutilated Quartz
We’ve already covered new jobs in a previous blog, so let’s start with new relationships! Starting a new relationship can be scary. You have to be open and vulnerable with someone who is essentially a stranger. A versatile spell to perform for your current or prospective romantic/platonic relationships is a candle spell! Candle magic is widely performed and very easy to do. For your candle spell, you can pick one of the following coloured candles depending on what you need from this spell:
- White: peace, balance, purity
- Black: protection
- Pink: self-love, compassion, longevity
- Red: lust, sex, passion
- Purple: power, confidence
- Blue: healing, serenity
Once you get your candle, light it while repeating this incantation: “Love is Abundant.” Let your candle burn all the way through. Remember to focus on romantic or platonic energy while you do the spell, depending on what your intentions are.
For a new place to live, candle magic also works! If you’re moving, or planning to move, you can get a brown candle, a piece of paper, a pen, and get started! Here are the steps to take:
- Draw a house on the piece of paper, or print out the listing of the place you want to move into
- Light the brown candle while saying: “housing, housing, come to me.”
- Roll up your paper and place it in a jar, seal it, and put the jar in the room you consider the heart of your home.
- Blow out the candle once you have the jar placed.
- Once your new home is secured, remove the drawing or picture from the jar, light the same brown candle, and burn the paper in the flame.
- If possible, bury the ashes and what’s left of the candle. This could be in the lawn, or maybe a potted plant.
Get Physically Fit
These spells can help you manifest a healthy and vibrant body. Whether you want to get healthy, stay healthy, or bounce back, spells are a powerful tool. Set clear intentions, visualise your desired fitness level, and use spells aligned with your goals.
Remember, though, every body is beautiful. Your health comes first, and being a certain weight does not work for everybody. If your healthy body is someone else’s unhealthy body, that is a-okay!
Some crystals that are good to tell your intentions to and incorporate into your physical fitness journey are:
- Tiger’s Eye
For those of us who are working out, whether it be at a gym or in your own home, an incantation you can say throughout your day is “I am getting healthier every day.” You can say this when:
- You’re about to exercise (weight training, martial arts, going for a walk)
- You finished exercising
- You made healthy eating choices
- You accomplished any milestone (increase intensity of exercise, your goal clothing fits you)
Make sure to repeat this once a day, regardless of if you exercised or ate healthy that day! This affirmation will help you get closer to your goals, and help you believe you are making the progress you’re attracted to!
Exercising is already ritualistic for many people, and maybe without them really realising it. I spoke with one of my coworkers who routinely goes to his gym, and asked if he had any sort of rituals for staying healthy. This is his plan:
- Stay with a structured plan, tailored to your needs, throughout the week
- Eat at certain times of the day, so your body gets used to the nutrition at those times
- Drink lots and lots of water - it is very important to stay hydrated
- Before and after exercising, make sure to stretch to release any tension in the muscle tissues
Another ritual you can participate in or include in any exercise or eating habits for achieving your goals is getting the magic started from the very start. Set your intentions for the day, week, or month, such as “I will eat to fuel my body,” or “I will take a walk today.” Setting small goals is completely okay and encouraged! You should also wear clothes that make you feel comfortable in your body. Wear clothes that you like the colours of, clothes that you don’t necessarily have to think about.
Another tip, talk to your water. Yes, I know, sounds strange. However, a study from Dr. Masaru Emoto has suggested that water can change molecular structure when spoken to kindly rather than negatively. In his book, he says “Water records information, and while circulating throughout the earth distributes information. This water sent from the universe is full of the information of life.” Scientists from Germany also did an experiment that they believe proves that water has memory. Try thanking your water for the hydration it gives you, and give it your gratitude and positive energy.
Remember to repeat to yourself “I can do this. I will do this. I am doing this. I did this.” This incantation will help affirm your intentions for your fitness journey.
Be More Productive
A quick and easy way to be more productive is keeping crystals near your work space. Here are some that I like to keep with me and in my work space that I find really help me be more productive:
- Tiger’s Eye
- Clear Quartz
Hair braids and knot magic are traditions in the religion Paganism. Weaving and braiding are thought to be meditative activities, letting your mind wander off and relax your body. As we’re all aware, letting your body rest and taking care of your body is some of the most productive work we, as humans, will ever do.
Hair braiding, and setting your intentions through a spell while you braid, is a great way to meditate, and participate in self care. Here is a simple hair braiding spell that can help you be more productive:
- Brush though your hair, as many times as you like. Make sure you’re visualising any negative energies being removed with each brush stroke.
- Figure out which braid you want to do for your spell. For example, french braids are commonly used for motivation magic, however you definitely don’t have to use them.
- Say your intent as you start braiding, and keep your intention your main thought as you braid, or continuously say it aloud
- This spell will work until you take out your braid. Try keeping it short term. For example, “I will be motivated to start my project today”
- You can decide how many braids you want to do, you can have one large braid, one or two smaller braids, or many. Make sure you’re braiding with how you want it to look, your hair type, and your intention in mind
- Tie off your braid with a hair tie colour that matches the intent, green or yellow will work great for motivation. If you’re looking for something a little bit extra, you can use green or yellow ribbon in your braids.
- Keep the braids in your hair until you complete your goal or don’t need them anymore
So Mote It Be ✨