Healing crystals have been around since the beginning of time. They are Mother Nature’s little gifts that harness the lifegiving elements of the Universe. Many anecdotes describe the energy healing effects of these stones, but it all depends on personal experience. There’s no scientific evidence proving that crystals and stones have any medical effectiveness, so many medical experts consider it alternative medicine. They attribute the effectiveness of healing crystals to placebo effects. However, studies have shown that (under the right circumstances), a placebo can be as effective as traditional treatments.
Opening your heart and mind to the curative effect of healing crystals takes a conscious effort. Meditating with crystal healers can be an excellent way to unblock the chakras and get your energy flowing freely again. To benefit from the healing power of crystals and embark on a crystal healing journey, you have to connect with your crystals, cleanse them, and set an intention. However, people new to these healing techniques are often unsure which stones and crystals are right for them.
In this guide to healing crystals, we get you started by discussing five essential and powerful healing crystals that many believe help cure disease and physical ailment as well as promote positive energy, harmony, balance, and peace of mind. We will also give you tips on how to start using healing crystals and stones and how to store your healing stone to ensure they retain their powerful healing properties.
A Beginner’s Healing Crystal Starter Kit
1. Clear Quartz
In the world of crystals for healing, Clear Quartz is known as the master healer or the rock star among crystals because of its ability to link to all seven chakras, which makes it a universal healer. It elevates thoughts and perspective and brings mental clarity, helping to manifest one’s intentions. Also, it magnifies the vibrations of crystals and stones that surround it, which makes it the most versatile healing stone. As one of the most potent cleansing crystals, Clear Quartz has energy clearing properties that can counteract negative energy blockages. You can use it during meditation while contemplating your intention and trusting it to bring forth vibrations that have been harnessed over the millennia.
Selenite is also referred to as liquid light, which is why it’s used in energy-healing lamps. The crystal can help raise your vibrations, attracting positivity and repelling feelings like anxiety, anger, and fear. It is a natural energy cleanser that shifts your energetic vibration to attune you with higher energies. Move a Selenite crystal from the top of your head to your feet and repeat the ritual until you feel cleansed and filled with positive vibrations.
The Pyrite crystal can be especially helpful for those who want to protect themselves from negative energy. This type of crystal is known to absorb negative energy and has strong protective energy. It is also known for attracting good luck, abundance, and wealth. It is a metaphysical treasure because of its ability to show you which of your thought patterns or behaviors are holding you back. That way, it helps you elevate your consciousness to become more aware of the changes you need to make in order to achieve balance.
Amethyst is ubiquitous because of its ability to work with the Third Eye Chakra. It promotes relaxing and sleep-enhancing energy and works to open up your intuitive eye. Amethyst is connected to the Crown Chakra, which makes it useful in clearing the mind of negative thoughts. You can also place it in your bedroom or office to invite in abundance and emanate calming energies. Simply holding it during meditation practice or any everyday routine can promote the healing process by opening up the energy field. Rose Quartz
Strongly linked with compassion and unconditional love, Rose Quartz is one of the most popular healing crystals because of its gentle, diffused energy and versatility in applications. It helps intensify love of all kinds, including love for all living things, loved ones, and kindness for yourself. Rose Quartz can also help you recognize your capacity for compassion as it empowers the law of attraction. It opens the heart to trust between partners, which leads to more communication, understanding, and increased sexual energy.
How to Start Using Healing Crystals
Cleansing and setting intention for a crystal is essential to clear it of all unwanted energy and previous programming. Once cleansed, charged, and programmed with intention, healing crystals emanate energies that help us heal specific aspects of our being. There are many ways of using the healing power crystal, such as:
- Holding crystals during meditation. The aim of meditation is to clear the mind and achieve inner peace and calmness, which is when you can receive the healing energies of a crystal. Hold the crystal in one hand, close your eyes, focus on your breath, and feel your body sinking into the earth.
- Designing a peaceful, sacred space. A sacred space is an important component of most meditation and yoga practice spaces. Placing crystals around will give the area a calm and grounding presence.
- Energizing your home décor. Amethyst is the perfect addition to any room because it blocks the flow of unwanted energies and emits positive vibrations. Larger crystals can make a beautiful focal point of your living-room while working on setting the intention for the space.
- In Feng Shui, the natural spiritual energy of crystals is used to balance and amplify Chi’s flow through a space. Encourage the Chi to flow in harmony by placing crystals in strategic locations in a room.
- During a spa treatment. A spa treatment is a relaxing self-care routine, and crystals can infuse it with healing properties. Bring your healing crystals and stones into the bath and let them soak in the water.
- Creating a crystal grid. Pick crystals that align with your intention and build a symmetrical pattern by setting them up in a grid. The crystals will work to manifest the intention you have given them, while the Sacred Geometry of the crystal grid will help accomplish the intention quicker.
- Carrying crystals in pocket or purse. The more contact you have with your crystal, the more aware you’ll be of its vibrations and energy. Carry it in your pocket or purse and take it out whenever you need to bring your attention back to the intention you want to achieve.
- Body layout. If you are working with a specific chakra, pick a crystal that corresponds to it, and place it on your body. For example, place a Rose Quartz crystal over your heart to open your Heart Chakra, or place a Tiger’s Eye crystal on your forehead to open your Third Eye Chakra for enhanced psychic abilities.
How to Store Your Healing Crystals the Right Way
When using crystals in your everyday life, remember to treat them with care. Since many influences can affect your crystals’ longevity, appearance, healing energy, and effectiveness, it is vital to store them properly. Some people choose plastic containers for keeping their crystals, but storing them in non-natural material is not recommended. If you decide to keep them in plastic, make sure to line the container with some natural fabric.
Many people use wood to store their crystals. Old ink press trays or open shelves made of wood are perfect, while glass or stone containers are excellent alternatives. Jewelry cases, small chests, and boxes provide more protection than fabric bags. They are easy to move around and can stand as an accessory in your living room or bedroom. Organza bags are excellent for traveling but pay attention not to mix polished and raw stones.