Carnelian is a reddish and orange variety of Chalcedony Quartz. You’ll find it used in cameos and beads or cut as cabochons. It can often be found in antique jewelry and can be uniform in color or faintly banded.
The name Carnelian comes from a Medieval Latin word cornelius which is derived from the word cornum – cornel cherry. The red variety of the gem dates from the Early Neolithic period (Bulgaria), but was also recovered from Bronze Age Minoan layers (Crete) where Cretans used it in decorative arts.
Looking for bulk carnelian crystals? We supply wholesale crystals to small rock shops and all other crystal lovers. All our products are ethically sourced and we ship to wholesale customers in Canada and the USA.
Brazil, China, Mexico, and South Africa
Carnelian comes in various shades of deep orange or light red because of the presence of iron oxide. The best Carnelian stones are said to be from India where people place it in the sun to assist a change from brown to tints of orange and red.
- Activates the root chakra
- Empowers you to take bold actions
- Helps circulate vital energy to your center which contains your powerful creative instincts and deepest sexual desires
- Boosts concentration
- Helps in understanding the inner self
- Increases your sense of self-worth
- Inspires courage
- Stimulates creativity
- Dispels negative energies